Vision and Values
Every member of the College community has a right to fully participate in an educational environment that is safe, supportive and inclusive.
Ringwood Secondary College is proud to provide an educational environment that ensures that all students are valued and cared for, feel they are part of the school, and can engage effectively in their learning and experience success.
The Vision and Values statement for Ringwood Secondary College was developed through widespread consulation with all members of the College community. It is based on the four pillars of education introduced in a report presented to UNESCO by the International Commission on Education for the twenty-first century.
The College embraces the Australian Government’s nine values for Australian schools, which are:
- Care and Compassion - Care for self and others
- Integrity - Act in accordance with principles of moral and ethical conduct, ensure consistency between words and deeds
- Doing Your Best - Seek to accomplish something worthy and admirable, try hard, pursue excellence
- Respect - Treat others with consideration and regard, respect another person’s point of view
- Fair Go - Pursue and protect the common good where all people are treated fairly for a just society
- Responsibility - Be accountable for one’s own actions, resolve differences in constructive, non-violent and peaceful ways, contribute to society and to civic life, take care of the environment
- Freedom - Enjoy all the rights and privileges of Australian citizenship free from unnecessary interference or control, and stand up for the rights of others
- Understanding, Tolerance and Inclusion - Be aware of others and their cultures, accept diversity within a democratic society, being included and including others
- Honesty and Trustworthiness - Be honest, sincere and seek the truth
Ringwood Secondary College has introduced a Respect diagram, which represents the core principles of the pillars of education.
The Vision and Values philosophy is enacted through everyday interactions between staff, students and parents, our pastoral care program, our curriculum program and our extra curricula program. In addition, Ringwood Secondary College has formed strong partnerships with local, national and global organisations which further enhance the education pillars of Learning to be yourself, Learning to do, Learning to think and Learning to live together.